WHAT DOES A WEDDING DAY TIMELINE LOOK LIKE?
Caitlin had her baby FYI and it’s adorably perfect. Duh, Caitlin is adorably perfect so of course she’d duplicate herself. In this wedding podcast episode we chatted a lot about timelines and I thought it might be most helpful to show you a few samples.
HOW CAN I START CREATING MY OWN WEDDING DAY TIMELINE?
You can also get a jump start on your wedding day timeline by signing up for a free Aisle Planner account. This wedding planning software comes with a timeline template that will prompt you to think about things you might be forgetting.
And nothing is worse than staying up late at night thinking about all of the things you forgot to do during the day, to prepare for the next day. Especially when the next day is your wedding day.
Here's what that timeline set up looks like:
And here's the full timeline. Perhaps you are thinking you'll just print that pdf and scribble over all the TBDs. Uhm. Please don't do that. Aisle Planner is free lol. Customize your timeline and make it a readable tool.
WHAT INFORMATION DO I NEED TO GATHER FIRST?
It get's frustrating, telling your bridesmaids to be at the hotel at 7A for hair and makeup, and then finding out you are going to be able to get into the venue early enough, switching the directions to 8A at the venue. Then you realize that not everyone will get started with hair and makeup right away, so you tell Cathy S. she needs to arrive at 8A, but Kathy C. can wait until 9A, and Gathy R. can come at 10A. Then you rethink the plan and decide, no, you want to give out their bridesmaid gifts right away in the morning and so you tell the whole party 8A... again.
How annoying is that? Instead, gather key information before finalizing times.
- Like what time do you have access to the venue?
- What are the hotel check in and check out times?
- How long does your hair and makeup team need for getting ready?
- What time does everyone need to be ready at?
- How long you have bartending staff for?
- When do you have to be out of the venue?
- How long you have you hired your DJ, photographer, and videographer for?
- How long it takes to get to the venue from the hotel or the ceremony from the reception?
- How long will your ceremony be?
- How long would your photographer like to have you (your bridal party too) for pictures?
- Where will you be taking pictures, including the first look?
Actually the list can go on and on, and that's the value of hiring a wedding planner. We know the questions to ask to ensure you are prepared for your wedding day. To make certain that you can glide through your day will all of the details managed.
- What is the Pinterest Faux-pas?
- Bella Notte's 11 Tips for Stress-Free Wedding Photos
- How Many Hours of Coverage Do I Need?
- Aisle Planner
Listen, learn, laugh... love,